Sunday, May 31, 2009

confession of sin

O Holy Spirit, as the sun is full of light and heaven full of glory, so may my heart be full of you. Give me yourself without measure, as an unimpaired fountain. I bewail my coldness, poverty, and emptiness, my imperfect vision, languid service, prayerless prayers, and praiseless praises. Suffer me not to grieve or resist you. Come as power, to expel every rebel lust. Come as teacher, leading me into all truth. Come as love, that i may adore the Father and love him as my all. Come as joy, to dwell in me and animate me. Come as beautifier, bringing loveliness out of chaos. Magnify to me your glory by being magnified in me. Amen.

adapted from The Valley of Vision: a Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions

1 comment:

Kevin and Tara said...

Aaahhh...love your blog for this very reason Ellen - you can go from seasame street to the puritan's valley of vision in one day. Incredible! Good prayer, thanks for posting.