Saturday, June 4, 2011

summer yard play

time for a little therapeutic blogging. i feel sad...just feeling the weight of brokenness all around, the parenting failures, this loooong season of residency that saps us both of energy. perusing pictures (while nicole takes my big kids to a block party and miles naps...thanks friend!) of the many joys we experience everyday lifts my spirits. we have been playing in water in the back yard a lot in the june heat. what. a. muddy. mess. but, my oh my so much fun!
enjoying the morning shade from this big ol' tree






i love gladiolas

sweet as pie giggle pants loving the swing lately

roses and sunflowers

sort of a fledgling little garden...just tomatoes and a few things starting from seed (time is so short). sometimes i weed when the kids play in the water



being chased by daddy is a thrill!

doubles on the slide (i love it when they create cute sibling-friend games)

my sweet neighbor gave me some sunflower seedlings and they will be something i plant every year now. such cheer!

who cares if the water is muddy?

sweet neighbor love

No comments: