Sunday, January 1, 2012

in 2012

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses... 2 Cor 12:9-10a

i think this will be the verse i cling to as this new year begins. no resolutions for me, just longings to be content in Christ and to rest at Jesus feet and allow His lavish love and redemption to inform my identity. can i just be weak and let Him be strong? i've very much been feeling weak here lately and fighting with my overly-introspective/analytical/comparison-driven self for joy and peace. i need to wear this shirt adam gave me everyday i think:


and let go of all the failure/inadequate/fear-driven thoughts and rest in Jesus and His perfect work and His perfect love. here is to hoping you and i both can claim His promises to live fruitful and faithful, God-glorifying lives in 2012.

1 comment:

Kels said...

Oh friend! I feel exactly the same way! I told someone just the other day about how I think the two of us would be great friends if we lived in the same place. But I'm still thankful for you over the internet and I will be praying for you as I pray for contentment for myself also.