Sunday, July 29, 2012

family visit

we haven't done a whole lot of traveling this summer, but the kids and i took a road trip to visit my parents and grandparents last week so hardworking dr honey bunny could get in some real boards studying (prayers appreciated for the monster test that is IM boards-aug 6th). thankfully my awesomeness of a sister came with me so the child-adult ratio was pretty good! and plus, it was good to catch up with her a bit as she and her hubby get ready for another move. and plus, my sweet parents let us squeeze in a couple old-school runs on our neighborhood courses from days gone by. my parents were so generous and helpful. the kids did art projects in b-ma's studio, picked peaches in my dad's orchards, and we swam every day. and my dad even filled up my gas tank, tires, and vacuumed out our disgusting van!

 we even took a day-trip over to visit my grandparents...my grandma recently turned 90 and then promptly had a heart-valve replacement.

we have so much to be thankful for...these days of time with people we love, new and old relationships. it was good to go and so good to come home to daddy/husband and get back to whatever "normal" life is.

 here is some footage:
always good to see rufous the great

 marble-works with papa is always a treat

gg-ma teaching marit backgammon...they played this for quite a while as mar loved all the counting!

telling marit about her child-hood wood-stove.  how we all loved playing with it when we would visit.
ice cream for the young...
and just a little less-young
thank you sweet sister for all your help and companionship!
great uncle jim took marit and graham on a kayak ride. graham kept saying "i've never been on a boat before! this is so exciting!"

four generations on my mama's side

1 comment:

Kevin and Tara said...

these are such sweet memories! we have a 4 generation picture with my grandma too and I love it!