Saturday, March 28, 2015

welcome spring

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed I have a beautiful inheritance... I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol... psalm 16: 5,6,8,10

new seasons remind me of God's mercy and faithfulness. a friend recently sent this psalm to me after a conversation and i love it, promising God's presence and care, but not the absence of pain or suffering. as we prepare to celebrate the resurrection, we will have to remember his death first. after winter comes beautiful spring.

 i have been reflecting on contentment lately and the quickly approaching end of adam's training and all my heart has learned in these years of great stretching and also great joy. oh to have open hands and a teachable heart for the lot He gives. i am grateful to continually be learning this. i am also grateful for the little people i spend my hours among.
miles has several best girl buddies

i'd say we got our money's worth out of these shoes after 2.5 yrs.  the left foot was a bike brake for a time


a little flower-watering in pjs

a lovely wren pair has been building a nest in our geranium on the porch

so fun to watch the wrens



No comments: