Sunday, September 21, 2008

I guess I should build a nest?

So Marit and I were walking in our neighborhood the other day (a fairly normal occurrence), which is urban and diverse. This man started yelling from across the street and I figured he was greeting a homie or something (also a normal occurrence), but he didn't stop yelling. Finally I turned to look at him and he said "When are you going to drop it?" confused, I said "what?" Annoyed, he said "when are you going to have your next baby." I mumbled a reply and waddled on thinking about "dropping it" and how it looks like I'm about to lay an egg. Thank you, neighbor, for that image.

2 comments:

CityStreams said...

I think it must be a cultural expression. My kids used that phrase a lot too and I never understood where it came from. So, not much longer then, huh? Yay!

Kevin and Tara said...

Hey girl, I'm ready to "drop it" with you, not too much longer!