Saturday, May 15, 2010

Here we go...

May 15th 2004...yes that was the day we got married, Ellen and me. May 15th 2010...2 children, one on the way, a house, a dog, a real job, responsibilities galore, hobbies include going to Lowes followed by Chic-fil-a, yes this is our life and it is more full of joy and laughter than the glorious day we were married six years ago. I love my wife more dearly than I ever thought possible...she is indeed more inspiring, loving, patient, kind, funny and diligent than I ever thought possible. And that is why this day is such a celebration for us...well me. I say "me" because Ellen is gone, in case you didn't know she is on her way to New York City (imagine it being said like that commercial for barbecue sauce) and by nightfall she will be out on the town living it up with her sister, Charlotte, yeah the girl who spread her wings to go and live in the big apple for a while. So, for all you mommy-friend-readers of Ellen's blog and for all other casual readers Ellen's blog has now been taken over by Adam and I will be documenting just how hard it is to be a mommy/mommy-daddy. I have never taken care of the kids for a full 24 hours, much less 80 hours, which is about how long Ellen will be gone. It should be interesting. Stay tuned for all the latest disasters. First on my agenda is to go buy a new camera (b/c ours is on the fritz) to document this occasion and then to go to the grocery store to enlist the aid of Little Debbie in ensuring that our kids eat at least something. Wish me luck and check back often to monitor my progress. Well, check back every evening around ten b/c that is probably the only time i will have to update this thing. Sincerely, Adam. PS...I love you Ellen

3 comments:

coffee girl said...

*lol* you can do it, Adam!
i'm glad Ellen gets to go see char. kinda funny that it falls on you guys' anniversary, though. i'm sure the distance will help you to appreciate your marriage even more than you already do!

love you guys :)

becca

Ellen said...

love you too babe!

Kelly said...

Where are all the play-by-plays? - Tom