Saturday, February 14, 2009

thank you sweetie!



since graham has been born and i have faced serious exhaustion, adam has taught me to like coffee. i have tried to drink it many times, but i guess you just need some real motivation, like a necessity to stay awake and care for two crazy munchkins. anyway, it worked and i now enjoy a cup every morning. and let me tell you, adam makes gooood coffee!

also, you must know that i am a complete cup snob. i do not like to drink anything out of plastic cups...i drink water out of mugs because it stays cooler, doesn't taste like plastic, doesn't tip over easily, and has a comfortable handle. and my favorite mugs are handmade pottery. each creation is a unique piece of art. i want to learn to make this stuff someday.

so, the best valentines gift this year is my new handmade mug that adam got from a new pottery shop downtown. don't tell him, but i knew what i was getting (i didn't snoop or anything, but i almost always just know what he will give me...call it good gift intuition). i think it is beautiful and it fits so comfortably in my hand. my coffee was wonderful this morning!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

What a cool mug! I have to say, I drink coffee almost every single day. And I always say, "Oh, I loooove coffee." But I just recently realized (when we ran out of flavored creamer) that I really only like coffee when it's practically unrecognizable as such by virtue of all the sugar, flavored creamer, and milk I put in. :o)

hh said...

Happy valentines day Hoovers! Its so crazy to remember you walking down the hall of heritage so many years ago with Brad- and to think now you've been married 7 years. I love sharing that history as well as 3rd street with you!

Ellen said...

hh...thanks! 7 valentines days and almost 5 years of marriage...

Kelly said...

beautiful mug! I know what you mean - the mug is half of the experience!