Thursday, February 19, 2009

yesterday we sang this wonderful indelible grace version of this old hymn in Bible study. the words are fantastic! after the babes were in bed, adam and i learned it. it was sooo fun, though we discovered our piano is ridiculously out of tune.

Beneath the Cross of Jesus
©1997 Christopher Miner Music. Words: Elizabeth C. Clephane. Music: Christopher Miner.
1. Beneath the cross of Jesus I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty rock within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness, a rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat, and the burden of the
day.

2. Upon the cross of Jesus, mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One Who suffered there for me;
And from my stricken heart with tears two wonders I confess
The wonders of redeeming love and my unworthiness.

3. I take, O cross, thy shadow for my abiding place:
I ask no other sunshine than the sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by to know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame, my glory, all the cross



yesterday adam and marit went on a "daddy date" and adam couldn't resist bringing this new toy home to add to our plastic universe of toys. at least it doesn't make any noise and marit loves it!




marit just waking up...i love this dewy look!

No comments: