Monday, March 7, 2011

confession

as we wrestle through some looming decisions, yesterday's confession was a bit painful, but oh so timely. i'm putting it here, so i can come back and repeat many times in the future.

Heavenly Father, loving King, You asked for my hands, that you might use them for your purpose. I gave them for a moment, then withdrew them, for the work was hard. You asked for my mouth to speak against injustice. I gave you a whisper that I might not be accused. You asked for my eyes to see the pain of poverty. I closed them, for I did not want to see. You asked for my life, that you might work through me. I gave a small part, that I might not get too involved. Lord, forgive my calculated efforts to serve you-only when it is convenient for me to do so, only in those places where it is safe to do so, and only with those who make it easy to do so. Father, forgive me, renew me, send me out as a usable instrument, that I might take seriously the meaning of your cross. Amen.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

thank you for posting this.

Brooke said...

thank you sweet friend. i am so encouraged and challenged by your honesty. Thankful that our heavenly father loves a broken and contrite heart!