Monday, September 26, 2011

contemplating this


this study has been very timely for me. this week has been on idolatry and this chart has been on my mind as i spend time repenting and asking Jesus to replace idols in my heart with Himself. i will go ahead and tell you that i struggle most with #2, but there are a variety of things i try to place my hope in.

"Whenever you see your heart in the grip of some kind of disobedience or misery, some temptation, anxiety, anger, etc., always ask, (1) How are these effects being caused by an inordinate hope for someone or something to give me what only Jesus can really give me? and (2) How does Christ give me so much more fully and graciously and suitably the very things I am looking for elsewhere? Next, rejoice and consider what he has done and what he has given you." keller

Trailer for Gospel in Life from Redeemer City to City on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Kevin and Tara said...

looks like a great study - glad the Spirit is at work in you!

lukenmegan said...

This is an awesome study! I have done it twice with MCO; once as a student and once as a leader, and both times I feel like I came away with such revelation about myself and God's word.